Die beste Verbindung zwischen Unternehmen + Bewerbern
Our client is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 3,000 employees at 13 sites. The headquarter ist located in Hamburg. The key competence is the research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, our client has established a unique leading position.
At the Headquarter in Hamburg, Germany the Early Discovery Department is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated
Group Leader (f/m/d) - Target Identification/ Functional Genomics
Reporting to the Vice President of Early Discovery, you will lead a group focused on Target Identification and Validation using genetic approaches (Functional Genomics). Your role you will the design and execution of Target Identification and validation workflows to identify and validate targets at various stages of preclinical development stage across different therapeutic areas.
- Key scientific role in leading multiple projects in the area of Target Identification, Validation and Functional Genomics across different therapeutic areas
- Assume responsibility for matrix leadership and management of project teams, interfacing externally with clients and internally disease and technology expert teams.
- Lead and mentor a group of skilled scientists and their teams, providing strong guidance and expertise in Target Identification, Validation and Functional Genomics
- Facilitate the attainment of project goals with high speed and quality, thereby achieving high customer satisfaction
- Represent the capabilities of our customer in Target Identification, Validation and Functional Genomics to potential new clients and collaborators
- Drive the preparation and review of scientific proposals for clients in order to generate new business opportunities
- Guide resource allocation in a dynamic environment meeting business requirements and timelines
- Identify and champion new ideas that contribute to the achievement of business goals
- Lead the development and implementation of new or expanded technical capabilities that will impact future customer and research projects
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- Flexible working hours
- Holiday pay and annual bonus depending on performance
- Capital forming benefits
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
Your ideal qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Medicine, Pharmacology or a relevant discipline and several years of working experience in Pharmaceutical industry, Biotech, or in a CRO setting after PostDoc
- A proven background in genetic Target Identification, Validation and Functional Genomics with a track record of contributing to the delivery or validation of targets for pre-clinical development
- Hands on experience in CRISPR or RNAi based screening a must
- Demonstrated leadership across functions in early phase drug discovery projects
- Proven line management skills
- Clear and open communication style to interact effectively across functional, geographic and cultural boundaries within the Company and externally
- Dynamic personality with high levels of drive, enthusiasm and commitment and ability to cope with pressure
- Self-starting ability and capability of working with a wide degree of autonomy and independence.
- Broad understanding and expertise in drug discovery activities beyond Target Identification and Validation, such as in vitro pharmacology and phenotypic drug discovery would be a strong plus
- Experience with application of functional genomic approaches in iPS derived or primary cell models would be a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German advantageous
Seize this attractive opportunity now and apply online or by email.
If you have any questions, Mr. Daniel Maciejewski will be happy to assist you. You can reach us under +49 (0)40 300 88 666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving you application!
Elbhunter Personalberatung GmbH, Ferdinandstrasse 29 - 33, 20095 Hamburg, www.elbhunter.com