Die beste Verbindung zwischen Unternehmen + Bewerbern
Our client is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 3,000 employees at 13 sites. The headquarter ist located in Hamburg. The key competence is the research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, our client has established a unique leading position.
At the Headquarter in Hamburg, Germany the Late Discovery Team is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated
Group Leader (f/m/d) - In Vitro Pharmacology
Reporting to the Vice President of Late Discovery, you will lead a group in the design and execution of in vitro pharmacological workflows to identify and progress new molecules and biologics up to preclinical development stage across different therapeutic areas.
- Key scientific role in leading multiple projects across different therapeutic areas and with different modalities (small molecules, biologics, etc.)
- Assume responsibility for matrix leadership and management of project teams, interfacing externally with clients and internally with Medicinal Chemistry, DMPK and Biology
- Lead and mentor a group of skilled scientists and their teams, providing strong guidance and expertise in pharmacology and drug discovery processes
- Facilitate the attainment of project goals with high speed and quality, thereby achieving high customer satisfaction
- Represent the capabilities of our customer to potential new clients and collaborators in in vitro pharmacology within integrated drug discovery projects.
- Drive the preparation and review of scientific proposals for clients in order to generate new business opportunities
- Guide resource allocation in a dynamic environment meeting business requirements and timelines
- Identify and champion new ideas that contribute to the achievement of business goals
- Lead the development and implementation of new or expanded technical capabilities that will impact future customer and research projects
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- Flexible working hours
- Holiday pay and annual bonus depending on performance
- Capital forming benefits
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
Your ideal qualifications:
- A Ph.D. in Biology, Medicine, Pharmacology or a relevant discipline and several years of experience after PostDoc in Pharmaceutical industry, Biotech, or in a CRO setting.
- A proven background in in vitro pharmacology and drug discovery with a track record of contributing to the delivery of pre-clinical development candidates
- Demonstrated leadership across functions in drug discovery projects, especially in the Hit to Lead and Lead Optimization phase
- Proven line management skills
- Clear and open communication style to interact effectively across functional, geographic and cultural boundaries within the Company and externally
- Dynamic personality with high levels of drive, enthusiasm and commitment and ability to cope with pressure.
- Self-starting ability and capability of working with a wide degree of autonomy and independence.
- Proven expertise in classical pharmacology and phenotypic drug discovery would be a strong plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German advantageous
Seize this attractive opportunity now and apply online or by email.
If you have any questions, Mr. Daniel Maciejewski will be happy to assist you. You can reach us under +49 (0)40 300 88 666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving you application!
Elbhunter Personalberatung GmbH, Ferdinandstrasse 29 - 33, 20095 Hamburg, www.elbhunter.com